Saturday, June 16, 2007

Father's Day Album...

This is a Father's Day album that I made for Jonathan's 1st Father's Day. I plan to add to it every year. Imagine my delight when it made the cover of MemoryTrends Magazine this month. I've never been published on the inside of a magazine before, let alone the cover! A couple of people asked me to post the rest of the album so they could see it.

The album is a 6x12 Westrim and I love this format. It has 6x12 pages and then also pages with 3 4x6 photos. I went through and already inserted 2 6x12 and 1 4x6 page for the next 20 years. I plan to make a page, then have Cole (and whatever other kids we have) write what they like to do with Daddy or their favorite thing about Daddy. Then use the slots for 4x6 pictures for Daddy & Me shots take throughout the year.

This is such a nice format to work with because there is very little pressure. I also have these albums to use as school & birthday albums. The article in MemoryTrends was written by a good friend of mine and talked about making it simple & getting it done. I know that since it is a retailer magazine, most people won't get a chance to read it, but if you can get your hands on a copy take a look. She & I have worked together to come up with easy, quick solutions that work for our families so that they have lasting memories. I wish that someone like Simple would re-print the article for everyone to read. There are some great ideas for all of us busy scrapbookers!



































5 comments:

Gee. said...

congrats!!! good job!

Theresa said...

How exciting for you! Congrats.

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Congrats! What a great little album for DH! I'm tempted to do something for my hubby... a little belated, but oh well. :)

Amanda said...

Beautiful! Congratulations!

Vee said...

congrats!! :)