Monday, June 02, 2008

Make Something Monday (Father's Day Gift)...

This week for Make Something Monday I'm going to share this easy Father's Day Gift that I've been working on. I saw the book "I Love My Daddy Because..." at the library a few weeks ago and knew it would be perfect for a Father's Day project that I've been wanting to do. It is a board book that is approximately 8x8 inches and I bought it on Amazon for $6.99.

I used this super strong Tombow adhesive to stick the pictures on.

I first went through my photos with the book in front of me and found pictures of my husband and son that correlated with the text in the book. Then I ordered them in 6x6 from a place that is now out of business, but Ritz Pix also carries the 6x6 size. Wherever you see an embellishment on the page, it's where a piece of the original picture was sticking out (a monkey's foot or giraffe's head). There were 2 double page spreads in the book where the text and the picture spread across the pages. For those I just put down pattern paper before adhering the pictures.

This was a super easy and very inexpensive project that has created an incredible gift for Father's Day. I am so pleased by how well it turned out, the pictures don't do it justice.











14 comments:

heather said...

ok, ADORABLE...what a cute, cute idea...he will love it..your pictures were so perfect for the text!!

CircesMagic said...

What a beautiful and amazing book, I especially love the picture of Cole holding the bat, LOL, yea, daddy protects us..too cute!

Cristin said...

What a great idea...so clever! I've also seen a book about 'mom' animals by the same author! A fantastic Father's Day gift...

Thanks for sharing...

So Many Scraps said...

WOW THAT IS TOTALLY AWESOME! what a terrific idea

Jaime said...

Oh, my goodness. I love that! What a creative idea and your pictures went perfectly with the words! What a great idea. I'll have to look for books I can do that way. Thanks for a great idea!

Btw, I found you through Tip Junkie. :-)

Scary Mommy said...

LOVE this idea!!!

Mosbys said...

That is a great idea I love it!

sweetfunkyvintage said...

What a great idea! I love this!
MIssy

Shannon Burns said...

love the idea - using it for my husband's birthday!
What type of adhesive did you use?

Rachelle said...

super cute! I have done some fun books like this for teachers and Mothers Day this year. Check out barebooks.com for cheaper board books and also I use Modge Podge for my adhesive, worked great!!

Emily said...

Love this! What a darling idea.

Living Creatively said...

I know this post is a year or two old, but I just came across it, and LOVE it! This would also make fabulous Christmas gifts. Thanks so much for the idea. Your book turned out GREAT!

Amy J said...

I know this is a very old post, but I found the idea on pinterest and just made it for my husband for Father's Day. It turned out SO good! Thank you so much for posting this! What a fantastic idea!

Valerie M. said...

Thanks for the awesome idea...I can't wait to make this for my husband! :)